Helping Children on to the Housing Ladder

Posted on 1 May 2011 by Anthony Boyles

I am looking to buy a house with one of my sons. I would put up 50% of the value of the house and my son would pay a mortgage for the outstanding amount. I have 2 other sons - all adults and would not like them to loose financially by this arrangement. What is the best way forward with this?


I have referred your enquiry to our in house solicitors, Rollingsons and you can expect to hear from them in the near future.


Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.