CAPITAL GAINS TAX ON PROPERTY CALCULATOR
Our Capital Gains Tax calculator gives you an estimate of how much you could have to pay in Capital Gains Tax (CGT) when you sell your property.
Simply enter your total earnings, the sale and purchase price of the property and your tax-deductible expenses and click the calculate button.
CGT tax deductible expenses include:
- Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Estate agents’ or auctioneer fees
- Solicitors’ or conveyancers’ fees
- Any professional help to value your property, e.g. a surveyor or valuer
- costs for improvements to the property, e.g. an extension
For more information about when and how you pay CGT, see our guide: Capital Gains Tax on UK Properties
We always recommend obtaining independent advice on your tax affairs from a qualified accountant. The above calculator will give you an indication of what your CGT liability might be for illustrative purposes only.
This calculator is based on the following assumptions:
- You became the property owner after 1st April 1982 and the property was sold in the tax year 2018-2019
- You are not claiming any CGT losses from previous tax years
- You never lived in the property and the property was not owned by a company
- You are not eligible for Private Residence Relief or Letting Relief
If this is not the case for you, then read our Capital Gains Tax guide for how to calculate your Capital Gains Tax.