An equity release mortgage lets you release cash from your property without leaving your home – so there’s no upheaval or expense. There are many reasons why you would consider this type of mortgage such as:
- To supplement your pension
- To pass on money to your family while you are still alive
- To go on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday or trip
- To redecorate or renovate your home
- To pay off a loan, clear a mortgage or pay off a residential mortgage
You can read about the different options for those looking for an equity release mortgage, with our guide.
We receive lots of questions in relation to equity release and that’s why we’ve put together the most common questions below to help. We know that everyone’s situation is different so if we haven’t answered your question, you can always ask your own and our expert mortgage advisers will get back to you.