What's the best way to raise the capital to build an extension?

Posted on 18 August 2014 by Sam

What's the best way to raise the capital to build an extension?

I own my home outright, currently worth approx £225,000. I would like to raise some capital to build an extension on this property as we are having another baby so need more space . What is the best way to get the cash for the extension?


As you are looking to improve the property, most lenders would look at allowing you to raise the capital needed for the extension against the property, subject to meeting their standard leng criteria.  

On the face of it this looks to be fairly straightforward remortgage of an unencumbered property, and you should be able to to have a good choice of lenders and rates.

If you'd like to discuss exactly what's available to you in more detail, then please contact one of our consultants on 0344 346 3672 and they'll be able to give you an idea of how we can help.



More than mortgages, talk to me about:

Financial Protection | Investments | Personal and Corporate Pensions | Home Insurance
General Insurance | Valuations | Conveyancing | Wills | Home finders

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.