What can I do?

Posted on 26 July 2011 by SARAH

My ex is still on the mortgage even though he hasn't made any of the payments in 7 years. He owes me £7000 in maintenance and he now owes £23000 to trustees.  He has already got an order of £4000 on the house and his equity is £26000.

My bank won't let me re-mortgage or do a transfer of equity because I have a ccj, which will be off my file in 2 yrs.  They want the money or will force sale I have 4 children what can I do?


You must speak to an expert money adviser at either Citizens Advice, Shelter or one of the other Government approved money advisers.  A list of these and their contact details can be found at:



Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.