We need another bedroom. What's the best way to get it?

Posted on 19 December 2012 by Clive


I currently reside in north London in 2bed property. We are looking to stay in the area and gain another bedroom. The property is in my name and my partner has her own BTL. My remaining mortgage is £222k against a property value of £325k. I feel that the best option may to be start again with a new lender in joint names. and then when BTL is sold move to an off set mortgage. With the value gained from th BTL sale.

My concern is that we will have a large LTV % and i'll be giving up my one time portment at a very good rate.

How can you advise?

Many many thanks


Subject to knowing a little more about yours and your partners personal situations, there may well be a number of alternatives that may include you not having to give up your current rates.
If you'd like to discuss your enquiry on more detail, then please let me know and I'll arrange for one of our consultants to contact you.




More than mortgages, talk to me about:

Financial Protection | Investments | Personal and Corporate Pensions | Home Insurance

General Insurance | Valuations | Conveyancing | Wills | Home finders

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.