Should I sign?

Posted on 6 March 2011 by Lisa

Me and my ex have a joint mortgage. I moved out over a year ago and my ex has been living there and paying the mortgage. He is now currently trying to sign the house over in his name and wants me to sign without any share of the equity. Should I see a solicitor to get my share of the equity or wouldn't I be able to get my share as I haven't paid for the past year?


If I were in your shoes I would want to speak to a Solicitor or the Citizens Advice Bureau before signing anything.


Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.