Separation and legal rights

Posted on 5 February 2011 by sue

I am separating from my boyfriend of 14 years.  We have a mortgage which he pays as I am not working, we have an autistic child for which I am his sole carer.  What are my legal rights?


I regret that as Mortgage brokers we are not qualified to give legal advice and I recommend that you speak to Citizens Advice or a local solicitor about your situation.


Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.