Proceeds of sale following Divorce

Posted on 2 March 2011 by Christa Matthews

I have three children and live at the martial home and pay the mortgage. The court ruled that I should pay my husband 32k but I am having difficulty obtaining the cash. If I continue to pay the mortgage and sell the house will be ex be entitle to half?


I regret that the question you have asked is beyond the limits of the advice a Mortgage Broker can offer. I recommend that you speak to your solicitor or Citizens Advice about your situation.


Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.