Potential Bankruptcy

Posted on 30 March 2011 by Kelly Taylor

I have a mortgage of £468,000 part interest part repayment. My husband and I have recently separated and I have put the house on the market to sell asap. In the meantime I want to take his name off of the mortgage and deeds as I feel he may go bankrupt and want to protect myself and my little ones what can I do?


I regret that I am not qualified to give you the legal advice you need and recommend that you speak to a local solicitor or your local Citizens Advice Bureau about your situation.

The Government have a very good website that I also suggest you read as this will give you more information about what happens during bankruptcy proceedings.


Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.