Not Paying the Mortgage

Posted on 10 April 2011 by dipsydoda

My wife as left me. We have a joint mortgage and other debts which I am currently paying on my own. My solicitor can't get in touch with her as she left no forwarding address. Can my house be repossessed if I stop paying her half of the mortgage?

Your house can be repossessed as you have an individual and joint responsibility to ensure the mortgage payments are made in full every month.  You should speak to your Solicitor before taking any action which could lead to you losing your home and not being able to get any form of credit in the future.


Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.