Mum's in the US, I'm in the UK, can we get a joint mortgage?

Posted on 9 December 2012 by Scott

Can I get a joint mortgage with my mother? We want to buy a house in the uk where I live, my mother lives in America.


Depending on the actual figures involved this may be possible. There's a lot more that we would need to know about your case, including the purchase price, loan required, incomes for both yourself and your mother, and whether you're both UK nationals or not. Also will you be living in the property?

It is unlikely that we would be looking at a high street lender, however as John Charcol, is an Independent, Whole of Market broker, we deal with those lenders who manually underwrite, and can therefore judge each case on its merits.

If you'd like to discuss your enquiry in more detail, then please let me know and I'll get one of our consultants to contact you.



More than mortgages, talk to me about:
Financial Protection | Investments | Personal and Corporate Pensions | Home Insurance
General Insurance | Valuations | Conveyancing | Wills | Home finders

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.