Moving out of the marital home

Posted on 8 October 2012 by Craig Wood

Hi, my ex partner and i have had a mortgage for the last four years. We are still living together but i will be moving out as soon as my name comes off the mortgage. She has said she will take it on and the mortgage company has said this is fine. Do i just need to see a solicitor and sign it over to her?

There will be legal papers for you to sign, but the answer is essentially 'yes'. If you require mortgage advice for any subsequent home you may be buying then please let me know, and I'll arrange for one of our consultants to contact you.

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.