I would like to raise equity from my property in UK, while I am overseas for few years. Can I do this?

Posted on 22 October 2014 by Pat

Hi, I would like to raise equity from my property in UK, while I am staying in overseas for few years, please advise.


Without knowing any of the figures involved, including whether the property is currently rented out, if you're working while abroad, and if so whether you're employed or self employed, it's impossible to say if you can raise any equity on the property.

Ex-Pat enquiries are still not popular with most of the major high street lenders, but luckily many of the smaller building societies see this as a good market to be and so the chances are that we should be able to assist you, though as already mentioned there's a lot more information that we would need.

If you'd like to discuss your options in more detail, then you can always contact one of our consultants on 0344 346 3672 and they'll be able to give you a clearer idea of how we may able to help.



More than mortgages, talk to me about:
Financial Protection | Investments | Personal and Corporate Pensions | Home Insurance
General Insurance | Valuations | Conveyancing | Wills | Home finders

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.