I want to raise £70k to buy a holiday home in France

Posted on 7 April 2014 by Terry

I have my main property worth £500k. No Mortgage. I also have a buy to let worth £150k with no mortgage and rental income of £8k per year. I want to borrow £70k to buy a holiday home in France. Advise please.


Without knowing the full circumstances of your personal situation I can't be too definite, but you would seem to be in a position where you could capital raise on either your main residence or your Buy To Let to get the £70,000 needed to buy the home in France.

It would probably come down to which is most cost effective, which in turn will be down to your age, income, overall credit profile, etc...... and your preference as to whether you want to have the charge on your main residence or your Buy To Let?

If you'd like to discuss your options in more detail, then please contact one of our consultants on 0344 346 3672 and they'll be able to give you an idea of how we can help.



More than mortgages, talk to me about:
Financial Protection | Investments | Personal and Corporate Pensions | Home Insurance
General Insurance | Valuations | Conveyancing | Wills | Home finders

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.