I want to buy a spanish apartment. Can I remortgage upto 90% of my current home to do this?

Posted on 27 October 2014 by David

I want to buy a spanish apartment for family use/rental, and want to take out a loan for this. I have an outstanding mortgage of £115k on a £240k house in the UK. The £90k would be for outright purchase. Is this possible to do?


It may be possible to do this. Not all lenders will look at remortgaging up to 90% of your property's current value, however there are some who will look at this type of enquiry, subject to you meeting their affordability calculation, and standard lending criteria.

If you'd like to discuss your options in more detail, then please contact one of our consultants on 0344 346 3672 and they'll be able to give you an idea of how we can help.



More than mortgages, talk to me about:
Financial Protection | Investments | Personal and Corporate Pensions | Home Insurance
General Insurance | Valuations | Conveyancing | Wills | Home finders

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.