I own my house worth £300,000. How can I raise some capital?

Posted on 16 July 2013 by Susanne

I own my house it is worth around £300,000 how can I raise some capital?


The simplest way is to apply for a remortgage of the property. Most lenders will allow you to capital raise against your property for 'any & all legal purpoes', subject to meeting their usual affordability criteria.

There are some limits applied to certain purposes, with lenders willing to go higher loan to values for home improvements, as this will obviously improve the value of their security.

I'd suggest it would be worthwile getting together with one of our consultants, to look into exactly what we can / can't do for you. PLease let me know when would be best for you and I'll arrange for one of them to contact you.




More than mortgages, talk to me about:
Financial Protection | Investments | Personal and Corporate Pensions | Home Insurance
General Insurance | Valuations | Conveyancing | Wills | Home finders

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.