I don't have NHBC or Building control, but I need to get a mortgage on my property?

Posted on 20 March 2013 by Simon

I own a property and have done for 3 months. I need to mortgage it, although it does not have full NHBC or been signed off by Building Control!! What can you offer me?


You don't mention if the property is fully completed or not ? This is likely o be a difficult case to place and my initial thought is that we'd to look at some form of Development or Bridging finance, until such time as you have got the relevent sign offs. The end loan to value (LTV), and how much you are looking to borrow are crucial to which lender and type of finance we'd be looking at.  

If you'd like to talk the options through in more detail, then please let me know and I'll arrange a convenient for one of oour consultants to contact you.



More than mortgages, talk to me about:
Financial Protection | Investments | Personal and Corporate Pensions | Home Insurance
General Insurance | Valuations | Conveyancing | Wills | Home finders

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.