How can my Daughter force a sale?

Posted on 5 November 2011 by chris

My 24 yr old daughter bought a new built house with her boyfriend in 2010 for 180k, he was abusive and she left him, he has a court order against him coming near her. She wants to sell the house, but he won't leave.  The mortgage is in joint names, how can she get him to sell?


I have referred you question to our in house Solicitors, Rollingsons.  They will be contacting you directly.

Whilst you daughter is in this difficult position she must try and maintain the mortgage payments.  If she fails to do so then her credit file will show the details of any arrears and she will find it very difficult to get another mortgage in the future.  If she hasn't done so already, she should let her lender know what is happening as this will enable them to be more sympathetic in any future contact.


Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.