How can I buy the house I wanted 2 years ago, now that it's unmortgageable?

Posted on 15 April 2013 by Rose

2 years ago I viewed a house for sale at £220,000. Loved it. couldn't buy it. Now it's on the market for £129,000 with water damage and not mortgageable....suggestions for funding to buy it then do it up? Have not got cash outright, but easily this amount tied up in other properties (abroad)


Subject to the level of deposit you would have, we may be able to look at either a bridging or refurbishment / development loan for you.

Unfortunately most UK lenders can't use overeas properties as as security for a loan over here, but we do work closely with an expert in foreign mortgages who might also be able to assist.

Before I can really say anythijng else, I'd need to know more information about the case, including where you're based, income, and how much the works to renovate the property would cost.

If you'd like to discuss your enquiry further, then let me know, and I'll arrange a convenient time for you to speak to one of our consultants who specialises in this area.



More than mortgages, talk to me about:
Financial Protection | Investments | Personal and Corporate Pensions | Home Insurance
General Insurance | Valuations | Conveyancing | Wills | Home finders

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.