Dutch Property - Capital Raising

Posted on 11 June 2010 by Jan

I have built a holiday house in Holland using savings and now want to release the money tied up in it. We have it on the market, but don't know how long it may take to sell.  Do you know how I might release capital against it from the UK?


It is possible to arrange either a mortgage or a secured personal loan using your house in Holland as security and these can both be arranged from the UK.

There are Dutch Banks with International arms and Independent Mortgage Brokers who specialise in arranging mortgages overseas. Whichever route you decide to use, you must be aware that Dutch law will govern the terms and conditions of any finance you arrange and I recommend that you take independent legal advice from a Lawyer who is conversant in Dutch property law.


Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.