Can my parents get a buy to let mortgage and rent it to me?

Posted on 7 December 2014 by Sophie

Can my parents get a buy to let mortgage and rent it to me?


What your parents are looking to do, is what is known as a "Regulated Buy To Let". In April this year the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) implemented its Mortgage Market Review (MMR), and as a result most lenders exited regulated Buy To Lets. However there are still one or two lenders left in this sector, who look mainly that borrowers overall affordbaility and indebtedness.

It may that this is something that we could help you and your parents with, however we would need to do a full fact find to get a complete picture of your full financial before we could say for definite what we might or might not be able to do.

If you'd like to discuss your options in more detail, then please contact one of our consultants on 0344 346 3672 and they'll be able to give you an idea of how we can help.



More than mortgages, talk to me about:
Financial Protection | Investments | Personal and Corporate Pensions | Home Insurance
General Insurance | Valuations | Conveyancing | Wills | Home finders

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.