Can my husband be my gaurantor?

Posted on 26 October 2012 by Loretta

Is there any mortgage lenders that would allow my husband to be gaurantor to our property if he takes his name off the title deeds , he is agreeing to this however I cannot find any lenders that will do this.


As a rule most of the mainstream high street lenders would shy away from this scenario, however as John Charcol is an independent, whole of market broker, we do have access to lenders that will consider your proposal.

Without further information from yourselves I cant give you a definite 'yes', but what you are looking to do is certainly feasible. If you'd like to discuss your enquiry in more detail, then please let me know, and I'll arrange for you to speak with one of our consultants.


More than mortgages, talk to me about:
Financial Protection | Investments | Personal and Corporate Pensions | Home Insurance
General Insurance | Valuations | Conveyancing | Wills | Home finders

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.