Can I remortgage by post?

Posted on 17 June 2013 by Terry

Can I take out a new remortgage in my own name, and leave my wife's name off the mortgage. She is in agreement with this and can this be done by post.


In principle there's no reason why you can't have a mortgage on the property in your sole name. However if the current mortgage and title deeds are in joint names, then your wife will have to come off both, as lenders won't accept a sole mortgage with joint owners on the deeds. Your wife would also need to take independent legal advice if she's coming off the mortgage and deeds to protect her interest in the property.

A new remortgage application can be done postally if that's easiest for you, or we do have consultants around the country, who could see you face to face.

If you'd like talk further with one of our consultants , then please let me know and I'll arrange a convenient time for you.



More than mortgages, talk to me about:
Financial Protection | Investments | Personal and Corporate Pensions | Home Insurance
General Insurance | Valuations | Conveyancing | Wills | Home finders

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.