Buying one big house with parents.

Posted on 18 November 2012 by John

Hi we are looking to sell my elderly parents home and ours which will total 220k and buy one large one for 400k we have another house which they rent worth 80k we would like to keep this income and take a mortgage for 200k the new property has an income associated with it at 4.5k per year and my wife and i has joint income of 30k not including my parents pension. Do you think this possible? Thanks


This certainly won't be the easiest mortgage to arrange, but subject to finding out about the rest of your situation, it may be possible. As John Charcol is an Independent, Whole of Market broker, we deal with those lenders who still manually underwrite cases, and can therefore judge each application on its merits, especially where the Loan To Value is so low.

If you'd like to talk through your enquiry in more detail, then please let me know and I'll arrange for you to speak to one of our consultants.



More than mortgages, talk to me about:
Financial Protection | Investments | Personal and Corporate Pensions | Home Insurance
General Insurance | Valuations | Conveyancing | Wills | Home finders

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.