Australian Resident

Posted on 18 March 2011 by Janet

My daughter, resident in Australia, wants to buy the family home in Britain.  She has no deposit but a large income, is there anyway she can do this?


I regret that there are no Lenders in the UK offering 100% mortgages anymore and your daughter will need to raise a deposit.

She will also find that whilst she lives in Australia none of our normal High Street banks or Building Societies will be able to help her.

I recommend that she speaks to an independent mortgage broker in Australia to see if any of the Australian banks can help.


Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.