Adding my husband to my parents home

Posted on 7 November 2012 by shabana


my parents own a property with a mortgage of £253,000 they want to re-mortgage the house to get a better rate so pay a lower mortgage but instead of my dad being on the mortgage with my mum my husband will go on it to get a longer term in paying it off. Is there anyway of doing this? because my husband hasnt had a mortgage before will he need to pay deposit etc? we are living with my parents at the moment and will be living there with them in the future too.


From the brief details here, the simple answer is 'yes' it looks feasible to do what you propose, however there are a number of different ways to acheive your objective, depending on your actual circumstances.

If you'd like to discuss your enquiry in more detail, then please let me know and I'll put you in touch with one of our consultants.



More than mortgages, talk to me about:
Financial Protection | Investments | Personal and Corporate Pensions | Home Insurance
General Insurance | Valuations | Conveyancing | Wills | Home finders

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.