Transfer of Title subject to Mortgage

Posted on 30 March 2011 by sharon chapman

I bought a property approx 8 yrs ago in my sole name. I met somebody who moved in and re mortgaged my property but in joint names. I seperated from him just over a year ago, I have tried to get mortgage back into my sole name but on paper i am not earning enough to pay it, even though i have paid on time every month. I have managed to get a close friend to go on mortgage with me, bank have agreed to this and it is now going through a solicitor but solicitor needs the address of my ex partner or the name of his solicitors to enable the transfer to complete but i have no idea where he is now living. Please help what can I do now?


I regret that I am unable to give you legal advice, but you should speak to your Solicitor about this.  It may be possible to get a court order in place of his signature.


Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.