Transfer of Equity

Posted on 8 November 2012 by Georgina Boyle

My husband I are seperated and wish to take our names off each other's houses. How do we go about this?

This is a relatively straightforward process, called a "Transfer of Equity", which your solicitor can sort out and your existing lender will be able to process as long as you both meet their standard criteria to be able to afford to take the loans on in your individual names.

If you wish to discuss your enquiry in more detail, then please let me know and I'll arrange for you to speak to one of our consultants.



More than mortgages, talk to me about:
Financial Protection | Investments | Personal and Corporate Pensions | Home Insurance
General Insurance | Valuations | Conveyancing | Wills | Home finders

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.