Remortgaging with no income

Posted on 20 October 2012 by Thomas

My wife owns a house with no mortgage, but has no income. Can we remortgage the house using my income only, but leaving the house in her name.

The short answer is 'yes' you can. There are a number of ways around this particular query, including you acting as a guarantor, or doing a joint applicant / sole proprietor case. If you would like to discuss your options in more detail, please call us on 0344 346 3672 and we will get one of our consultants to contact you.

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.


You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.