NRAM Consent to Let

Posted on 17 June 2011 by Mikkel Paris

Be the first to comment

I need to move abroad for a couple of years to take up a job offer. Unfortunately the housing market isn't too good at the moment so renting out my flat looks like a better idea. I do not have enough equity in the property for a buy to let so was considering consent to let. My 2 year deal with Northern Rock Asset Management (NRAM) has long expired and I am now just on a variable rate. I pay a monthly mortgage of £628 and have a rental valuation of £850. Will I have any chance of approval?



NRAM will consider applications from it's existing borrowers to let their property on an individual basis.  For this reason it is not possible for me to say whether or not your application will be successful.

You need to call 0845 609 9610 and ask for a Consent to Let application pack.  Once this is completed and returned they will let you know within 5 working days if you have been successful or not.  Their current fees are £100 for an annual consent and £250 for a long term letting.  Lines are open 8.30am to 5.00pm weekdays and 9.00am to 12.00 noon Saturdays.


Speak to an adviser

Our UK home mortgage experts will help you make the right choice. If you're too busy, or just prefer the reassurance of a real person, call our mortgage expert now:

0344 346 3672

Or send us your details

we will help find the mortgage that's right for you...

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

Would you like to ask your own question?

Our experts are on hand to help

Ask a question


YOUR PROPERTY MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON A MORTGAGE OR ANY DEBT SECURED ON IT. John Charcol is a trading name of John Charcol Limited and its Appointed Representatives. John Charcol Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The Financial Services Register number is 665649. Registered in England No. 9157892. Registered office address for John Charcol Limited is 5th Floor, Cutlers Exchange, 123 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BU. The FCA does not regulate some investment mortgage contracts. Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring.