Transfer of Equity

Posted on 18 October 2012 by Elizabeth

I have a mortgage with my husband (soon to be ex). I currently live in the home , he has moved out. Am i able to get a new mortgage in my own name only, on this same property. I wish to change providers as currenlty on an interest only.

Subject to your personal situation meeting a lenders criteria, there's no reason to suspect you wouldn't be able to get a new mortgage on the property in your sole name.

If you would like to discuss your enquiry in more detail and get a better idea of what options are open to you, then please let me know and I'll get one of our consultants to contact you.

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.