I need to raise money from my UK property.

Posted on 2 October 2012 by jason

I don't live or work in the UK, but I need to remortgage a UK property.  It has no mortgage and I own it outright.  I have tried to sell it, but it is taking a long time and I really need some of the equity in it.


There are offshore branches of UK banks based in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man who will allow you to raise capital by remortaging your UK property.  Their products usually come with at least a 2 year early repayment charge and if you are wanting to sell your property then the cost of these penalties may outweigh the benefit of raising the funds.

I believe we can help you and that you would benefit from speaking to one of our independent mortgage advisers.  Please call +44 (0)207 933 9600 and ask to speak to one of our independent whole of market mortgage consultants.


Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.