Can I buy out my ex?

Posted on 24 October 2012 by Anne-Marie

Me and my partner are splitting we jointly own a house which is worth aroung £90K, the mortgage is only £36K, he has agreed a settlement from me of £17K so me and his daughter can remain the the home. I am looking to re-mortgage to pay this money to him and wish to borrow £22K. Do you think I would need a deposite and would I get the mortgage with a salary of around £26-£29K per year?

With the brief details that you've put here, I can't see any reason as to why you wouldn't be able to raise the additional £22,000 on your salary.

If you would like to dicuss your enquiry in more detail, then please let me know and I'll arrange for one of our consultants to speak with you.


More than mortgages, talk to me about:

Financial Protection | Investments | Personal and Corporate Pensions | Home Insurance
General Insurance | Valuations | Conveyancing | Wills | Home finders

Answers provided in response to Ask the experts are based on the information provided and do not constitute advice under the Financial Services & Markets Act. They reflect the personal views of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of John Charcol. All comments are made in good faith, and John Charcol will not accept liability for them.

We recommend you seek professional advice with regard to any of these topics where appropriate.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.