Role Title: Mortgage Consultant
Department: John Charcol Sales
Location: Cutlers Exchange, Houndsditch, London
Reports To: Sales Manager
We’re looking for new mortgage consultants to join the John Charcol family...
We’re a close knit team at John Charcol and we’re looking to expand. We need to find the right people for the job - could it be you?
We’re looking for driven and ambitious consultants, with at least two year’s experience in the mortgage industry (with at least half of that being in the last 12 months). You’ll also need to have your full CeMAP qualification or equivalent.
We’re based in a lively office, right in the middle of the City. We offer a good basic salary with bonuses paid quarterly and not annually!
We’re looking for individuals who want to develop their career with us, taking advantage of the great training we can offer with 40 years experience in the mortgage industry.
We have a great employee benefits package, we’re based in a lively office, right in the middle of the City and We offer a good basic salary with bonuses paid quarterly and not annually!
So if you’re ready for a change and are looking for a role with career progression and great rewards, take a look at the role description below. If you fit the bill, click the Apply Now button.
To take full responsibility for achievement of specified business objectives by the successful completion of mortgage, protection, general insurance and other peripheral incomes generated from the highest level of compliant service to clients and positively embracing FCA’s "treating customers fairly" initiative.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
- Achievement of minimum business validation targets.
- Achievement of personal objectives, e.g. Introducers, Financial Planning conversion, General Insurance sales and other peripheral income as required.
- Achievement of agreed Key Performance Indicators.
- Achievement of Compliance Standards.
- Achievement of all other goals as designated by relevant management.
- Achieve validation as per the annual company scheme.
- Responsibility to identify the client’s mortgage and protection shortfall needs fully and to present relevant solutions.
- Responsibility for adherence to compliant process within all sales.
- Responsibility for carrying out remedial action required on files in a timely fashion.
- Building relationships with clients and introducers capable of making a contribution towards personal sales targets.
- Implementation of company policy i.e. FCA, Health & Safety, Statutory & Employment Laws.
- Develop and grow effective working relationships with all John Charcol departments.
- Full responsibility and accountability for processing your own cases.
- Responding promptly to, and with appropriate diligence in line with company procedures, any complaint received.
- Adherence to all requirements as set out in the company’s Training & Development Manual, Sales Procedure Guide, AML guidance and other relevant manuals.
- Responsibility for maintaining and driving your Continuous Professional Development.
- To present a professional approach to a high standard of service quality and product knowledge, maintaining high standards of integrity, conduct and behaviour.
- To drive the business forward and respond positively to changes in business practise and objectives where it necessary from time-to-time.
- Team player.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Works well under pressure.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel & Microsoft Outlook).
- Sales and client focussed.
- Results orientated.
- Good communicator.
- Good at planning and organisation.
- Commercially astute.
- A passion for financial services and the mortgage market.